When people think of the word magic, the average person probably thinks of Samantha in "Bewitched" twitching her nose to turn a cat into a horse, or of Macbeth's three witches standing around the cauldron while chanting, "Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog..." But magic has nothing to do with the supernatural. True magic comes from within ourselves. It can only work within the boundaries of natural law, but it can seem to happen miraculously, simply because most people don't understand the extent of the natural laws that we are dealing with. The fundamental idea behind this is that the thoughts you put out into the cosmos are a form of energy, and this attracts other energy in many forms. Your brain is like a radio beacon that is constantly sending out messages...and the universe (or the gods) receive those messages and transmit a reply back to us in one form or another.
Thoughts are energy, and words are powerful. These are two truths that are the basis of spell work. There is a natural law that states that on a metaphysical level, like attracts like. By visualising an object and affirming to yourself that you want this item to manifest in your life, you are sending a clear message to the universe and to your subconscious as to what you want...and the cosmos will listen...and a corresponding image to the one you sent out will soon find its way to you.
What we send out in thoughts and words, we attract to ourselves.
What you think and what you say has more power than you can imagine. This is a type of magic in itself. We use this type of "spell" all the time, mostly without realising it. How often do you say to yourself or others, "I'm always broke, there's just never enough money to go around!" And what's the result? That's a form of magic that you are working against yourself every day.
Some other examples that I hear people say are: "As soon as I stop dieting, I put weight back on," and "My car is always breaking down." In this article, we will be looking at using this same principle, but we will turn it around so that this form of magic works for us to enhance our lives.
Magic is a natural process that can be easily accomplished. It is a wonderful demonstration of the power that we each have to bring about change in our lives, and in our world around us. The life energy within us, and the universal forces that surround us, are energies of specific vibrations. In order to create magic, we simply need to attune with the vibrations of what we desire, and we need to know how to send the message of our needs to our subconscious and the universe. Spells are practical tools that help us to attune with our desires, and then, in conjunction with our will, we direct this power inwards and outwards to ensure manifestation. As Aleister Crowley said... "Magic is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will."
The subconscious mind is the source of the personal power used in magic. And spells are an effective way to convey messages to the subconscious because spells incorporate symbols - and symbolism is the language of the subconscious.
Know that words have power. And when words are used in conjunction with symbols, then the results are magical!
In the book "Myth, Religion and Mother Right", the author J.J. Bachofen eloquently describes the power of symbolism: "Human language is too feeble to convey all the thoughts aroused by the alternation of life and death and the sublime hopes of the initiate.
Only the symbol awakens intimations; speech can only explain. The symbol plucks all the strings of the human spirit at once; speech is compelled to take up a single thought at a time. The symbol strikes its roots in the most secret depths of the soul; language skims over the surface of the understanding like a soft breeze. The symbol aims inward; language outward. Only the symbol can combine the most disparate elements into a unitary impression. Language deals in successive particulars; it expresses bit by bit what must be brought home to the soul at a single glance if it is to affect us profoundly.
Words make the infinite finite, symbols carry the spirit beyond the finite world of becoming into the realm of infinite being."
From what we have described so far, I'm hoping that you now realise that magic comes from within. And the more energy that you put into creating a spell, the better the result will be. For a spell to be effective, you cannot simply say words from a spell book and hope for the best, you have to know how to put power into the spell.
The spell is not the magic, it is only by putting power into a spell that you create the magic.
So, there's more to effective spell work than you might realise. Let's have a look at some basic steps that will ensure that a spell is effective.
1) Think clearly about what you need. If you need a car, perhaps it would be best to do a spell that will help you to bring a car into your life, rather than asking for a few thousand dollars to come your way so that you can buy a car. Magic can work in many ways and you might be limiting yourself if you donít stay open to all possibilities! But remember, magic works best if you really need something, rather than just desiring it.
2) Set a goal that is clear, concise and unambiguous. Focus only upon one work of magic at a time. For best results, don't scatter your power, channel it in one direction.
3) Avoid distractions when performing your spell. To be effective in your magic, you must be fully focussed upon your intentions. Put time and energy into preparing yourself and your spell. Find a location where you can work your spell in private, without any distractions.
4) Choose the right timing for your spell. By choosing particular days, and by working in harmony with the phases of the moon, you can enhance the effectiveness of your spell. The days of the week and the phases of the moon all have specific energies associated with them, and by knowing the right time for your spell, you can give it greater power. Working magic is like swimming in the ocean, you are going to get to your destination quicker and easier if the currents and tides are moving in the direction you are wanting to go. You can still get there even if everything is going against you, but it will not be as easy to achieve your goal. See the charts within this article for more details about which days and lunar phases are appropriate for different types of spells.
5) Use appropriate symbols for your spell. When doing the spell, have appropriate music, incense, colours, objects and tools around you to reinforce the message of the spell to your subconscious.
6) Set a time for a result. Include in your spell an indication of when you would like to see a result. If your spell is for greater prosperity, include a date for when you would like to see that extra cash in your wallet or purse.
7) Create a simple rhyme to use during the spell. Chanting a few appropriate words that you have written yourself, will have a much better effect than reading text from an ancient spell book. Repeat your wording lots of times during your spell. Repetition is the key to sending a message to your subconscious.
8) Use the "For the good of all!" clause. When creating the wording for your spell, remember to include the phrase, "For the good of all!" This phrase will help your spells to enhance your life, without having your good fortune being at the expense of another. Another useful phrase is, "This or something better now comes to me." Often that which you want at this point in your life may be different to what you really need, and it's only when you look with hindsight from a future point in time that you can realise this. So, by asking "for this or something better," you leave yourself open to greater possibilities becoming available to you.
I have heard so many examples of spells going wrong when the "For the good of all!" wording is not taken into consideration. One friend did a spell to get $1,000 for a holiday, and two weeks later his house was burgled, and the insurance reimbursement cheque ended up being $1,000 exactly. Another person I know did a spell so that she could have some time off work, and she promptly broke her leg, requiring three months off work! I have also heard (many times) about people who do a spell to lose weight, and they get diarrhoea, or excessive vomiting, or both. They sure lost weight, but not in a healthy way. Be careful for what you wish for, because you may get it!
9) Realise the consequences of having what you asked for. Apart from the examples just given, there are other consequences to be aware of. When something comes into your life, certain responsibilities come along with it. For example, when doing a spell to get a car, remember that along with the car comes registration costs, petrol and repair bills, perhaps monthly loan repayments, etc. Are you in a position to handle these?
A Law of Exchange is always at work when magic is used. Sometimes what you have wished for seems to come out of thin air, with little effort on your part, but often it will arrive from more mundane sources. For example, it may be that after doing a spell for a car, you win $20,000 in the lottery and you can buy it...Or it may simply be that you are offered the chance to do extra hours at your work, or a second job turns up so that you are then in a financial position to afford a loan for the dream car. Are you prepared to give this extra energy to the universe/gods in exchange for the items you wished for?
Another way in which money can become available to you after casting a prosperity spell, is through being asked if you want to sell something that is of value to you. Are you willing to part with that family heirloom if someone makes an offer out of the blue?
10) Avoid using words that you don't understand. Spell books are great for getting ideas, but the spell will work better if you put it into words that are meaningful to you. In the book "The Key of Solomon the King" there is a spell for gaining inspiration, and at one point the spell-caster is supposed to say the Hebrew words, "Vegale hamicata umsa terata yeh dah ma baxasoxa un horah himesere..." But this sort of wording does nothing to focus awareness upon the aim of the spell. It is much better to make something up yourself. For example, for an "inspiration" spell, you could scry into a water-filled cauldron and say the words,
"Beneath the stars and moon so bright, from cauldron deep and candlelight, the answer that I seek tonight is now revealed into my sight."
11) Use positives not negatives. Make sure that the wording of your spell is phrased in a positive manner. For example, with a health spell don't use wording such as "I don't want to be sick anymore." Your subconscious doesn't recognise words like "don't want", it can only focus on words that it can put an image to, i.e. the word "sick". Spells are basically affirmations that include images or symbols, so while doing a healing spell, visualise yourself as healthy and turn this phrase around to something like, "I am healthy, I am strong - all the day and all night long!"
12) Be realistic. Expect miracles, but don't go overboard! A love spell will help you to attract romance into your life, but a love spell to attract a Hollywood movie star as your lover is unrealistic. Even Merlin would have trouble with that one!
13) Raise power for the spell (if appropriate). You can raise power to help send your wishes off into the universe by drumming, chanting, dancing, or even by running around your magical circle. Power raising is like pumping up an air rifle before aiming and releasing the energy, so after raising energy, drop to the ground and visualise your spell as fully manifest. See it in your mind clearly, and send this image into the universe knowing that it has already come true.
Please remember: A magic spell will not work by simply repeating some words that you find in a spell book. The magic of a spell is contained within you - your needs, your desires, and the energy you are prepared to put into the working of the spell. If there is no personal power in your spell, it is only words. Now that you know a little more about effective spell casting, here's some different types of spells that you might like to use to enhance your life...
Spells can help you to work magic, but the magic comes from within you. Spells are simply affirmations that use symbols, so that your subconscious can get a clear picture of what you are wishing for. It can then work out ways for you to manifest this desire into your life. Forget Hollywood's ideas of magic - their magic is based on special effects. Spells cannot make you invisible, make you float through the air, or make someone love you against their will. But the magic of spells is real! Try one of the spells above and you will see the difference that real magic can make in your life. Spells can help you to make positive changes in your life. They are an exciting way of demonstrating to yourself the magic and power that is within you.
Prices Are In Australian Dollars & Include Australian Goods & Services
Tax. International Orders Are G.S.T. Exempt
© 1989 - 2007 The Realm Of White Magic - All Rights Reserved | Images © White Light Creations | Please seek permission first!